5.08.2012

Tartine Afterhours: Tuesday, May 22nd

Happy Birthday to us!  Two years ago this month we had our first Afterhours dinner, and we are thrilled to invite you to our birthday party.  Woo-hoo!

I was thinking of making a Momofuku-inspired dinner, but when my slow-cooked egg experiment went seriously awry, I decided that I should practice for a few more months before trying to force a captive audience to eat something I can't stand confidently behind.  But do take note: a bo ssam dinner is on its way to you at some point in the near future!

Anyway, I went back to the drawing board to figure out what we would have, and it didn't take me long to remember that it's finally wild salmon season around these parts.  I've been obsessed with Francis Mallman's Seven Fires, so I might roast the fish whole in a bed of salt, or I might slow-cook whole filets on fig leaves, but whatever it is, come enjoy this first-of-the-season delicacy with us.  Nate's talking about making some special breads, and I might reprise the green garlic and herb loaf I made for the Kinfolk brunch a couple of weeks ago.  There's no telling what we'll end up with, but I can promise that the menu will be a celebration of our springtime bounty.  

 photo from edible selby


The Details


WHO: the fab folks at tartine and me

WHAT: a springtime feast celebrating the second birthday of Tartine Afterhours

WHERE: tartine bakery (600 guerrero st. sf, ca)

WHEN: tuesday, may 22nd at 8pm

WHY: to highlight the joy of good food and good company

HOW MUCH: $55 plus wine and gratuity. cash only, please!

TO RESERVE: please fill out this form to submit your name into the lottery. due to the overwhelming popularity of our dinners, space is extremely limited so we now select guests by performing a lottery. we'll email lottery winners by wednesday, may 16th; if you don't hear back from us, please try again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment